HOORAY – at last there seems to be light at the end of the tunnel and we can go back to doing what we love best – GYMNASTICS.
We have spoken to BG this morning and they have said we should be able to go back on THURDAY 3rd DECEMBER providing we are in tier 1. ( which we won’t know until later in the week) so hopefully classes will resume then.
We hope you have all enjoyed our zoom classes – it was a mammoth task to try to organise and we would like to thank all our coaches for their very valuable input so as many of you as possible were able to continue your gymnastics during this latest lockdown.
We will clean the gym once more before we return and all our Covid health and safety measures will remain in place as before.
Looking forward to seeing you all again soon.
Alec and Wendy (Directors)
The landlords will be increasing the parking ticket patrols to ensure the roads and pavements are kept clear and they are under instruction to attend 7 days a week moving forwards at various times of the day.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Helen SSG Admin
- Gymnasts should come ready dressed to participate, wherever possible leaving outer clothing with parents.
- Gymnasts will need a bag which is big enough to contain all their possessions as they will need to carry this around the gym with them and deposit it in the spaces provided at each piece of equipment.
- Gymnasts should bring a drink (bottles can no longer be refilled at the gym ) and their own chalk in an appropriate small box, (blocks of chalk are available to purchase at £1.50).
- We ask that gymnasts use the toilet before they come to gym as we want to keep the use of toilets to a minimum.
- All hair should be tied up as we are no longer allowed to supply bands and all piercings should be removed and any new ones (6 weeks or less) should be covered with tape as we are also no longer allowed to supply this.
- ON ARRIVAL , gymnasts should wait outside on the painted circles 1 metre apart outside unit 4. When their session starts , one of the coaches will let them in, take their temperatures and tick them in on the register.
- Once registered, gymnasts will sanitise their hands (sanitiser will be available, but gymnasts may wish to have their own in their bag.) They will then enter the gym where they will be instructed where to go for their warm up. Participants will be further required to wash their hands or sanitise them after each piece of equipment and before leaving the building.
- Coaches will clean and sanitise each piece of equipment they have used at the end of each rotation.
- Parents are asked to arrive promptly at the end of sessions and collect gymnasts from outside the door in unit 3.
- NO parents are allowed in the building during sessions
Swindon School of Gymnastics
ISIS Trading Estate
Tel: 01793 480846
Registered Charity Number: 1067061